Tuesday, December 17, 2013

No Room, Leon

"No room, no room..."
  These were the words of my son 
as he practiced his lines
 for the Christmas play last week.
  He was to be the inn keeper.
  "No room, no room."

The premise of the production
was about a child named LEON 
who was being bullied and could only secure the part 
of an understudy of the inn keeper in the school play-
and he ended up being the Christmas star-
NOEL.





How relevant-
 to everything going on here on this little blog.
  No room for the cost of a new computer to edit my images,
 and no room to save the images I take.
Waiting
and thinking 
about how I will handle this.

   I am attempting some other methods right now
 to see how they work for me.
  I hope to get a new computer soon after the holidays are through.

  Until then, I DO have room for life's other joys-
 the Christmas play, 
the Christmas band concert, 
basketball games, 
holiday crafts with the kids, 
kids' holiday parties, 
and reflection on the more quiet meaning of advent- 
patience and waiting and preparation.

And my son,
who didn't talk as a baby,
and ended up in speech therapy for a year,
 and then stuttered for another year,
sang on stage in a trio of boys- 
something I never thought he would do.

It's all possible.





I have taken some time to look over this little blog
in my time away 
and she is getting freshened up.
 I've begun some clean up and am generating ideas.  
She's a little blog, but she's my blog. 
I worry too much about how others perceive it,
 and I shouldn't. 
 No more.  
We're going to stay folksy as a donkey
and that's how we're gonna roll.






Thank you 
to those who have not completely abandoned me
 since the computer virus.  
I know I haven't posted as of late
so it's a boring place to be.
My son's science project ended up costing us $600, 
well, that was the cost of the computer that it ate anyway.
Good thing he got an A.
After the holiday rush will be a better time 
to search and invest
for a new device.






Until then,
a merry NOEL is in order over here.
Christmas is almost here!

(I am sooo behind in the giftwrap.)

NO ROOM FOR WORRIES.


Sharing with
Ivy and Elephants
Savvy Southern Style
Common Ground
French Country Cottage

9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Andrea- I have been thinking and thinking about you and wondered how you were doing. I knew that your computer was gone and was hoping that you would pop back in at some point.

I am so glad that you are still here and you just stay your folksy wonderful self. God bless you and your sweet family this Christmas- xo Diana

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

A beautiful post Andrea. What a lovely story for a Christmas play. This is the season to reflect on miracles and joy, and all our blessings. You're doing just that with your son & family. I wish you a blessed Christmas and best of luck with computer woes!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Glad to see you here today Andrea! I was just thinking about you the other day and did a search to see if you had posted something I missed. I had computer woes too and haven't been posting much so thought maybe I had missed something.
Enjoy this Christmas Season with your family! Maybe Santa will bring you a new computer.
Blessings to you and your family.

Pam Kessler said...

I am so proud of your son. That is amazing that he has come so far! And I never forget about you, girl! I miss your posts and keep looking on my blogroll to see if you've gotten your computer fixed yet. Enjoy the magic of the holidays!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Andrea it's SOOOOOOO good to hear from you. I've missed you! Your priorities are straight. sometimes God removes us from distractions for awhile to get a new perspective. God has so many blessings, I love hearing about how your son is growing! Have a wonderful Christmas! xoxo

Ivy and Elephants said...

I know how you feel, life can sometimes be a bit much. But it's always the "stuff" that gets us down, and the people around us that give us joy. You have your heart set on all the right things, He will take care of the rest. Blessings to you and wishes for a happy and joyous holiday season.
Hugs,
Patti

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic! Great job! bloom tattoos

Lily Allen said...

beautiful post .I am so proud of your son
clipping path

Gmarine said...

I just cannot leave your website prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual info you provide to your visitors. Is gonna be back often in order to see and cross-check other new posts. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...