Friday, June 15, 2012

A Turquoise Buffet

It has been a very long time since our last post.

A trip to the seaside was in order.


But now that we are back, Town and Prairie is busy with more laborious summer plans.






Here is our most current make-over.

This little 1940's buffet has been remade into a two-toned distressed wonder.

Here's her before:






Yuck!

She weas badly scratched, had shelves that weren't period original,

and much of the decorative molding had been broken off.

She needed some heavy sanding, some wood filler, and

some decorative repair work...(this sculptural work was done with a wood epoxy compound.)






...and here she is again today...








...totally refreshed, while still maintaining her charm.








I used Valspar paint with primer in teal for the body of the buffet.








For the drawers, I used Ben Moore primer and then Ben Moore paint in White Chocolate.

It is a very beautiful vintage white.








I then used Valspar antiquing glaze in Mocha over the entire piece to

bring back a finish that would add some age and character.








I just love these turned legs up front!







Inquiries welcome.

Sharing this buffet with:














20 comments:

Ms. A said...

That is beautiful and I just love that teal color! Amazing transformation!

Julie Marie said...

WOW!... that is just gorgeous!... love that color... xoxo Julie Marie

Raindrops and Daisies said...

It is beautiful Andrea.

Glad you are back,
it does seem a long time since you posted!

I hope that you had a wonderful time at the seaside.


Fiona x

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love your buffet. I have a similar one and have been wanting to paint it. Funny but I actually was considering painting the main part antique white with the accent being turquoise (opposite of what you did). LOVE the way it turned out. I'm totally going to paint mine now.

Danielle

Pam Kessler said...

Very pretty color. I love the two tone look. Glad you enjoyed the vacation.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I hope you had a wonderful time on vacation. The buffet is beautiful and I really like the chocolate white!

NanaDiana said...

My gosh, Andrea- You did a bang up job on that- It is phenomenal!
I love it- xo Diana

Unknown said...

just gorgeous- love the colour!!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a beautiful new look you've given her.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

You do such a beautiful job Andria. I love the white chocolate color.
I hope you had a gfun time at the seaside.
Have a great weekend.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for coming by Quirky Vistas and leaving me your thoughtful words. That's how I found you! I'm so glad I did. You have made such a gem of this piece. Thanks for sharing the colors too. I love hearing how you achieved such a stellar look! I'm now following you. Hope you'll come by again.
Liz

Unknown said...

Gorgeous makeover!! The colors are wonderful. You did a fabulous job.

Thanks for visiting. I am a new follower!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Andrea, I want that buffet! What a good idea to make the drawers a white chocolate color. That is so unique, and very pretty. You did a wonderful job on this. It must look perfect in your home. You inspire me with all your projects.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Stunning piece, Andrea! I love the white on the front. It really makes those details stand out.

visiting from Vintage Inspiration Friday : )

Brenda said...

This piece is amazing! You are so talented - wow!!!!
I found you from a comment you left me at cottage4c. I'm so glad to be a new follower!
Brenda

Candy said...

Gorgeous Makeover. Im making out my want list for White Chocolate and Valspar teal.
Im now following your from PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and I hope you'll come visit me there.
8-)

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

The detail and the fret work is amazing. The color choice really makes them pop! Great job!

Kahli said...

I'm a big fan of teal. Love the detail on this piece. It really pops with the two tone color.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Just gorgeous, love the combination of the two colors!

Shabby Marilyn said...

pinned your beautiful buffet! I wish I could find a piece like that to redo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...