Saturday, September 7, 2013

Vintage Glam Fairy Pumpkins


I harvested an armload of wee mini-pumpkins today,
all of them a creamy ivory white.
I then decided they needed to be dressed up, of course!




This little September Cinderella vignette 
has them snuggled up in one of my bird nests
with some vintage jewels that were Grandma's,
 on her vintage Quaker lace linen.




These pumpkins are soooo sweetly tiny...
I can fit TWO of them in the nest!
Just the size of a rose bud
or a brooch,
they are almost naturally for dolls.



We grew them in the garden,
one of the only pumpkin varieties
 that survived the garden traumas this year.

I KNOW we planted more pumpkins...
I think they all succumbed to the squirrels love for freshly hoed earth.







Aren't they lovely,
such a perfect combination of textures, sparkles,
and reflected light.
It sparks a certain kinda woodsy Cinderella charm
that makes me want to break out the glass slippers,
if I actually had any.






Just perfect for a fairy or left behind by fairy god-mother's spell...
you'd almost expect one to pop out here
and sit awhile for my photo shoot.







My daughter has been leaving a small tea cup of milk
out for the fairies on these early autumn nights.

We're livin' in a sweet dream world right now.
She's totally into fairies.






Is it the fairies that drink the milk-
or the neighborhood cat?


22 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your pumpkins look great all jazzed up.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh these little babies look adorable all dressed up and bejeweled! I had a huge pumpkin vine and flowers in my back yard where we leave the leftover pumpkins for the squirrels, but if there were any pumpkins there, they've been snarfed by the fur varmints!

NanaDiana said...

Aren't those just darling!!! They look so cute all glitzed up. I didn't get any pumpkins this year at all-darn it all- xo Diana

Pam Kessler said...

They are just so cute. Love their jewelry!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Andrea, I too, believe in fairies and love your little vignette... Those little white pumpkins are adorable...
- Cathy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Andrea, love your little baby boo's! Is that what the seeds are called? I planted four kinds of pumpkins. Have quite a few to harvest but waiting a bit longer. I planted one hill of baby boo's but it didn't get much water. Thinking I don't have many there. They are so sweet in the nest! Darling vignette! Not sure if it's just me, but half of your pictures didn't show up. I was sad that I didn't get to see them.
hugs,
Jann

Tam Francis said...

Those are adorable pumpkins. You grew them yourself? I love it! I love the vintage jewelry with it. I'm all about vintage as I wrote a fictional vintage novel: girlinthejitterbugdress.com. How did you think of the idea? Oh and I love the white roses with them too. Very romantic!

Unknown said...

I cannot think of anything better than pretty white pumpkins and roses, looks beautiful!

xo

PJH Designs said...

Lovely pumpkins, such lovely vignettes and I vote for the fairies.

Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Designs

Red Rose Alley said...

Andrea,
I am with your daughter on the fairies....I LOVE THEM!! Your white pumpkins are soooo cute. They don't look as small as they probably are. You dressed them up so darling with the vintage pearls.

Love,
~Sheri

Uniquely Ella said...

Just so beautiful and I'm sure the fairies will love them.
xxx
Marlene

The Style Sisters said...

Lovin all the white pumpkins and all your fun details...Come link up to centerpiece Wednesday and share this post with us http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/09/welcome-to-centerpiece-wednesday-92.html
Karin

Botanic Bleu said...

Wonderful white pumpkins all dressed up for their photo shoot and debut at Savvy Southern Sytle's party....

Judith

Karen said...

Beautiful pumpkins, gorgeously photographed.

Patty Rumaker said...

Adorable! Pinning!
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

chateau chic said...

These are adorable and lovely! Love how you glammed up the sweet little pumpkins.
Mary Alice

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow, you take stunning pictures....and those adorable pumpkins all glammed up are too cute!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a sweet vignette and story! Love the glam with the pumpkins. I'm with you I think the fairies are drinking the milk!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I adore those white wee pumpkins...they are exactly what I have been looking for! Next year I guess I should have my husband plant some. Enjoyed seeing yours :)..though I am jealous-lol

Julie Marie said...

Hi Andrea... OOH, I LOVE YOUR LITTLE "CINDERELLA GOES WOODSY" PUMPKIN POST!... LOVE LOVE LOVE THE BLING YOU ADDED... SO ENCHANTING... AND OF COURSE IT IS THE FAIRIES DRINKING THE MILK... WHO ELSE WOULD IT BE!... WHAT A MAGICAL POST!... XOXO JULIE MARIE

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Would love for you to share your adorable pumpkins at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love all the Pumpkin Vignettes!!

Hugs,
Jody

Debbiedoos said...

Such pretty pumpkins...so glad you joined the primp your pumpkin partay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...