Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sweet Fall Pinks


On my way around town last Friday
I spotted a sign that read, "Vintage Garage Sale,"
 with the littlest pink rocker at the end of the drive.

Alert! Alert!  Chippy goodness ahead!




Once I got out of the car, it was mine.
I sure thought it was nifty, but actually wasn't very thrifty...
it set me back $30.
I was sucked it by the nail head trim, suede seat, and
deep vintage pink paint.





SO....
into the truck she went,
and once we arrived home, my daughter claimed it as her own, of course,
that's the way she rolls around here.  
If the shoe...er rocker....FITS...






So the little chippy rocker just had to get
some proper photos taken,
with some tiny white pumpkins and dried pink roses....





She's so shabby chic, and just perfect for any time of year, really:
crisp fall romance, winter's Valentine's preparation,
or spring pastel flavor.










Right now, she's still sitting in my front room,
but as SOON as Tahbies' room gets painted grey
(and the paint is in the garage ready to go, I just have to find the time)
she'll be transported upstairs to her room 
for book reviews and doll cuddling.
















Wishing you all sweet moments in 
these warm fall days...


Sharing with :
Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants

10 comments:

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Cute little pink rocker for your daughter to enjoy!

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE that teeny pink rocker, and honestly it's not a bad price for it being so unique! beautiful pics and have to tell you, those bangs are adorable!

cardinalkay said...

Ditto on the price not being too high -- I'm thrifty/poor/cheap, + I'd pay $30 for such a charmer!
Kay @ redbirdv.wordpress.com

Red Rose Alley said...

Andrea,
What a cute little chair, and I LOVE the color! I think it does belong in your daughter's room, especially if she loves it so. The white pumpkin and the roses add a special touch. I used to have a rocking chair and the leg was a little wobbly on it so I gave it away, and now I miss that chair so much.

Have a nice Autumn week.

Love,
~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Andrea, I wanted to tell you that the pillows and candle in my living room are turquoise. It looks a bit like blue in the pictures. I love the color turquoise. I've had that picture for awhile, and I was wodering who it was painted by. If you have any ideas, let me know.

~Sheri

Sandi said...

What a sweet little chair and the photos also!!
Blessings~

Donna Wilkes said...

The chair is perfected chippy in pink - love the way you styled it.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Too cute...I'm sure "she" will love her new home :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh she's a beaut Andrea. I so would have snagged her up. Really an unusual little thing. Love her with the pumpkins and roses. I never think of pink for Fall, but it works!
hugs,
Jann

ornate splendor said...

Oh! Just beautiful...love that beautiful shade of pink! so pretty with the white pumpkins too. Well done! Catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...