Saturday, November 26, 2011

EEeeeekkkkk!!

Do you remember the scene from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacay when they hear a 'little squeaky sound' and Clark sees the source in the tree?


                                                   "SQUIRREL!!"



National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation


It was the only thing Dan could compare it to when we had our own Lampoon moment this morning.


See, I found some evidence of a PEST.  And yesterday morning I did some cleaning before I went out for Black Friday (where I added more bleach to our supply) and came home and did some more disinfecting.


We had a carefully baited trap, topped with a dollup of leftover Thanksgiving dressing, Grandma's family recipe, mind you, maybe I will share sometime.

Anyway, the trap was placed in the cabinet, near the point of entry where the kitchen lines up with the newer addition to the house.

Well, this morning the trap

WAS GONE.



The way our cabs are configured, they had to notch out a huge hole to accomodate our piping when they were installed.

I thought maybe the tripped trap flew down in that little area.

Dan went to investigate armed with nothing but a flashlight and a Hello Kitty mirror.

He could find nothing, so I took a peek.

Oh, I saw him.  I poked him with a bamboo skewer and that freakin' thing was ALIVE and scuttled towards the front of the cab where Dan's elbow is located above.

Ok, well, I got out of there in a big hurry, more like a bat out of hell.

  No one, needless to say, was willing to stick their arm down there to get him out.  I would've if it were dead, but...well, you know.  IT WAS STILL MOVING.

I've picked up birds galore, rabbits caught in fences, etc, but this was not my cup of tea.  You couldn't see where you were grabbin'.




SO, with one child armed with a plastic baggie, and Dan armed with a bent wire coat hanger (fishing pole AND hook of choice), AND the Hello Kitty mirror again...





..Dan the Man
SAVES THE DAY
once AGAIN.




2 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Bleh! Not my cup of tea either. Hail the hero!

Helen's Decor said...

Andrea, thanks for the laugh! Only at the ending! I would have been out of there! Now, I need to go search my area! I'm laughing now, thinking of how I should have been decorating trees after seeing so many gorgeous ones today. One of my in-laws said that every house has a mouse. Merry Christmas, Helen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...