Monday, November 19, 2012

Green Garden Pumpkin

 
 
Who doesn't love a pumpkin?
 
Especially a gorgeous one.
 
This little green plump-kin was home grown.
 
 



It's such a beautiful little pumpkin,
 
 the only greenie this year.  He turned out to be in a pack of
 
seeds that were just gourds (supposedly).  He took us by surprise!
 
He has very firm flesh.
 
 
 



I think it's of the Jarrahdale variety.
 

I love the soft color of the skins
 
and the dry textures of the stem.
 
 
 




 
It seemed like such a magical little garden pumpkin....
 



 
 
 
I also brought in some milkweed pods from the nature trail.
 
They too were a textural mystery-
 
feathery, velvety, and spiny.
 
 
 



They could almost be mistaken for a sea creature.
 




 
 
 
Sharing these sweet textures with
 
 


8 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Such beautiful late fall organics! How fun to find this unusual pumpkin among the gourds!
You have them styled so artistically!

Unknown said...

What a great pumpkin! And how impressive that you grew it yourself. I'd like to try my hand at that next year! Happy Fall Ya'll from Houston, TX!

Prims By The Water said...

What a beautiful pumpkin. I have not seen one that color before. At my other house I had milkweeds growing in one of my flower beds. Loved watching the monarch butterflies that would visit them. Also loved how you added the fresh holly to your shoe forms and sewing wheel. Take care, janice

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love the pumpkin and the milkweed pods. xo Diana

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

How neat that you grew this beauty:)

Blessings,
linda

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a nice surprise to find in your garden. I like it with the spiny milk weeds.

Sopa Azul said...

Lovely little angel!!!! and you have a nice view in your window. Greetings!

Bohemian said...

Loving your Green Pumpkin. I always seek out unusual Specialty Pumpkins for Decorating and then saving some of the seeds that we don't eat to plant in the Veggie garden to see if we'll get a Harvest for next Season? And of coarse the stems are Saved for Velvet Pumpkin Creations.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...