Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gather around a table with family and friends...
 
 


 
I think my friend Kate will have the best Thanksgiving this year.
 
After being diagnosed with an aggressive form of ovarian cancer at age 19
 
in February of this year,
 
she has undergone multiple surgeries, chemo, radiation, and complications alike.
 
This week, 10 months later, she had her port taken out and
 
her scans show she is cancer free.
 
Let's pray it stays that way!
 
That's what Thanksgiving is all about.
 
Share the day and your gratitude for all of God's gifts.



Linking with Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

7 comments:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Andrea,
What a blessing for your friend. My friend since 6th grade just had her port taken out also. She is doing amazing. She is such a strong lady. Her hubby took his life in June and still she stays strong. Love your chalkboard art. Simply amazing! I pinned it. Wishing you, your family, and dear friend a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Jann

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Such great news!
I love hearing these types of cancer reports. I have several friends and family battling cancer right now so this is inspiring. Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving. Love the chalkboard!

NanaDiana said...

I am so happy for Kate. God bless her. What an awful thing to have to deal with-especially at that age.

Happy Thanksgiving and I am thankful to have met you here in blogland- xo Diana

Bohemian said...

I'm so Happy for your Friend Kate to have a Healing Touch and now be given the Gift of Life into Adulthood! So much to go through at such a tender age. I know you must all be Rejoicing and Thankful!!!

Love your Chalkboard and the Font of the Message.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

SewSweetVIntage said...

Glad to hear your friends good news!! My daughter is an Elem art teacher:) Love your chalk board. I posted
http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/11/dolled-up-for-christmas.html
Happy Thanks Giving!

Sandi said...

What an awesome Thanksgiving blessings!! So glad to hear good news about your friend!! :)
Blessings~

Debra@CommonGround said...

Andrea, such wonderful news, sorry I didn't get over here sooner. You're sweet friend knows the true meaning of "Thanksgiving".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...