Sunday, March 17, 2013

Some Vintage Bunny Love


Today I'm sharing some of my favorite bunnies.
Although chocolate should be at the top of this list,
I'll pass on that today for a different sugary confection
that won't pack on the pounds.





I have two of these sweet pink delights.
Tiny little flowers appear to be swirls of frosting.
They are favorites of my daughter.




Some papier mache bunnies also top my list of bunnies in da house.
Much more affordable than your Halloween papier mache,
(which can set you back hundreds of dollars for authentic pieces), 
they are also easier to find, so you can build up a sweet collection of just a few
for not too much bank.
I don't recall my exact prices on these, but they were around the ten dollar mark each.





Vintage papier mache recalls ol' time holidays,
where the magic of the season was manifested in ways 
other than mass-produced plastic.





Fragile and delicate, 
this bun seem to have survived some rough patches.
I wish I was around to see when these colorful bunnies
would have lined the shelves at a 5 and dime
with wrapped candies.




Vintage... my most favorite way to buy.
Don't you get excited when you find something cool?!



10 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

that pink bunny takes the cake. So cute! I rarely see one at the fleas or antique malls. I'm going to have to do better sleuthing!

Pam Kessler said...

The pink one looks like he was well loved! To me, the chippier the better.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I have to admit the pink one is adorable and much loved!

NanaDiana said...

What cute bunnies, Anderea. I LOVE that pink one. So cute- Have a great night- xo Diana

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...What a sweet post. I love your bunnies...and, especially your little chippy pink one.
I'm so glad you shared.
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Beautiful bunnies Andrea!

Love the photos.

Have a good week

x Fiona

Red Rose Alley said...

Such sweet bunnies, Andrea, especially that pink vintage one! She is darling. Have a happy week.
~Sheri

Unknown said...

That pink bunny is just too precious!
And yes it does bring me back to simpler times........
Thanks so much for sharing!
hugs,
Suzan

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I just love the pink bunny!! It's so cute! Thanks for the comment about my desk! You said that you had seen some on Antiques Roadshow, what type of desk did they say it was? The label said plantation desk but I don't really think that's what it is!

Anonymous said...

Very neat finds! I love finding things like this. Very cute spring decor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...