Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Winter Blast and Forced Labor


Time is really dragging for me.
But, today I feel fortunate that we got hit with a winter storm, and received a heavy dumping
of winter's last white.





The kids had a snow day, as school was called off,
so I immediately implemented child labor for drive-way clearing.




The boys did a great job, but Munchkie quickly abandoned her shovel.




She rolled in the snow, made snow angels, lost her boot and got her Hello-Kitty sock wet,
licked the basketball post, got yelled at,




...and continued to enjoy her snow-day.  It's the only real snow fall we've had
and she's felt left out this winter because she never had a chance to really play.
Is it okay to eat snowflakes like this, Mommy?





I was home today, too, so I was able to get a few photo shoots done 
as I had time for inspiration to occur.
Sometimes we all need a snow day.


5 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Wow it is so pretty. Even my older kids get a squabble in whenever they are all together. It gets old I tell you but that is a cute bundled little face.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Glad you all enjoyed your snow day!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- How sweet she is, Andrea. I love a snow day with kids when they are little- xo Diana

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I wish I had a snow day like this, Andrea. I don't see the snow that often where I live. It is already starting to get warmer during the days and spring is on its way. Your daughter looks so precious licking the snowflakes in her bright pink outfit. I enjoyed your pictures today, and I am thrilled whenever I see the snow.
~Sheri

Pam Kessler said...

I guess her tongue didn't get stick to the pole then? We're out of school today and have just been hanging around watching movies. I'm too much of a wimp to go outside and get all snowy and wet. I'm hoping this is the last snow of the season!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...