Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This and That, Finds and Purchases

Nothing too exciting lately... just trying to catch up with what's stock-piling on me.






This 1930's art deco waterfall beauty was found streetside towards the end of summer.  She cleaned up really nice...







A mommy came and scooped her up for her little girl's room- so she could have a dresser top that she could reach and put her little things on!  The drawers are really deep and just right for an extra little dresser.







This old highboy I found on the internet...
and sent hubby out to get it...in a very bad neighborhood...with  lots of burnt out buildings and graffiti.  He was not too happy.  AT.  ALL.  But, the dresser was a mere twenty bucks.  Totally worth it.  Here is the transformation...








I just love the afters, so fresh and so clean-clean.







He also had a sister.  I am still working on her.  This one we purchased at the same time and was forty dollars.  My husband said he didn't want to try to talk the guy down any because they really seemed to be in need.







The mirror will be done soon and then she will be ready to go.
The mirror will really make the piece once it's mounted.







I also scored this awesome headboard recently.






I really loved the lines on this piece.  It is soooo cottage.






With a really pretty quilt and fresh pillows, this headboard would make any bedroom feel homey.


I'll be switchin' it up soon.  I have a deacon's bench which will be a cottage black, Grace- who will be as vain as a peacock, and another silly dresser that I'm thinkin' pink.  More soon to come.  Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Great finds! Love the makeovers.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Andrea, you do great things with your finds!
Barb

Unknown said...

You have done a marvellous job with your finds, they look fantastic!

Terriea Kwong said...

You're talented and mighty in transform such beautiful things while keep it vintage. Love the country style. Your garden of autumn clematis is gorgeous. Thanks also for your sweet comments on my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...