Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Black Eyes and Mohawks


It's a face only a mother could love...
and mama isn't too fond of me right now because I keep peepin' in on her babies.




There are actually two nests we spy on now...
yesterday, two hatchlings were in each nest, with one egg also remaining in each.




Oh, those little heads.
Mama squawks at me but, but sits in a nearby bush 
and comes back as soon as I retreat.




You can even see the little slit where each eye will soon open
and peer out at me.




This is gonna be great seeing these little babies everyday now!
What a great pick-me-up in the morning
before driving to work.





And THIS is spring.

Sharing with:
Common Ground

7 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh you're so right, not very pretty when they first hatch, but cuter every day!

Red Rose Alley said...

Andrea,
What a sight this must be for you. Thank you for sharing this miracle of life with us. The picture of the blue eggs I love because Jess just bought me a nest with 3 blue eggs. It looks very much like this one.

Love,
~Sheri

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Yes, this is definitely Spring! I love watching them take their first flight. Mama is always close by for support. Great pictures!
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing to see each day. The photographs are amazing in themselves.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

That made me smile.

Shabby Marilyn said...

Love the blue eggs, so beautiful!
New baby birds, so sweet. I love birds and miss having my bird houses in the backyard. I do feed our backyard birds and it is a joy to see all the seasonal ones! Great pictures!

The Bashful Nest said...

The color of those eggs is just beautiful. It will be so fun to see these baby birds grow and change everyday.

Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...