Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Winter Garden

Our Christmas yard display is a little more natural this year.
 
 
 
 
We didn't cut down the seed heads from the fall plantings. 
 
I think they'll remain up through the winter.
 
The birds will get to enjoy them longer, too.
 
 
 
 
And we always use our old sleds as part of our displays,
 
they seem to blend in with landscape.
 
 
 
 
We've never used blowmolds or inflatables in the yard...
 
 
 
 
...always preferring just lights and a few decorative items.
 
 
 
 
But this year, we decided we would use less lights.
 
Normally, Dan decorates all of the shrubs and foundational plantings
 
with tiny white lights, sometimes some red.
 
 
 
 
We still used some lights, but limited them this year to
 
the garlands on the house and fence and just a few accent bushes.
 
Dan said he used half of what he did last year.
 
 
 
 
You'd never know any different.
 
I can still say it's a beautiful display.
 
He always does a great job.
 
 
 
 
Now if it would just snow a bit
 
I could get some great landscape photography happening on this end.
 
But, today we are at an unseasonable 68 degrees, and there is no snow on the radar.
 
I think it's gonna be a Green Christmas.
 
 
Sharing with Garden Parties at
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Susie said...

I love your natural looking decorating stlye. I prefer rustics to brights. I use some pops of color here and there. I have a plastic snowman that I wish were made of wood.:):) Smiles, Susie

Snooks said...

We decorated light this year too. Weather or not we get snow is touch and ago every year. We can count on snow in January but not December. We have only ever decorated with lights on the house and fence with some wreaths and that is all. Maybe less is more. Have a great week.

@ 3Beeze Homestead

NanaDiana said...

Andrea- You do such a beautiful job- well, you and your hubby both do. You make me long for the land again. I was born and raised on a farm and married "city man" and have never lived in the country since then. Your posts always fill me with nostalgic thoughts about returning to the land. It is just gorgeous, Andrea! xo Diana

Red Rose Alley said...

I like the big red bow and the ice skates. I just put a lit-up penguin on the porch this year. The inside is more decorated with Santas and such. Sometimes simple is best. Enjoy the season, Andrea. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you get some snow???
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

The Cranky said...

I prefer the more natural look myself...I've never used those silly inflatables, etc...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...