Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chippy Chalkware


I have some fabulous red and aqua
chalkware finds to share with you,
perfect summer finds.




These figures are known as the Sacred Heart of Jesus
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.




I acquired these last week at the antique mart
and they stand about 14" tall.




I really wanted to hit a good flea this summer, but whenever they were around,
we couldn't go!
So I have really been scouring the thrift stores, etc.
to see what's in town.

I count these as a good summer find.
I didn't really have any chalkware
and now I have two.





The Jesus was just $12, 
and the chippy Mary is uber chippy
and was gifted to me,
probably so they can stay together.





The colors are very saturated and intense, 
the red, aqua, and ivory color scheme is incredibly vintage,
and I am enjoying their bright colors as summer comes to a close.

Soon it will be time for fall browns
and autumn posts, but I'm trying to squeeze in my last bit
of ocean blue and dipped roses
before the leaves begin to turn.

School has started and is VERY stressful.
Anyone in education knows
that this field is in the process of undergoing
a technological revolution
and it is VERY hard on teachers.
I usually do not talk about work online, but
it is only mid-August and already my stress level is at mid-October point,
so this is early.

 I am very much reflecting on what it means to be a teacher
and just how much weight is on our shoulders.

And I just want to enjoy the rest of summer before it's gone, too.










4 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

They are beautiful! You are right, the colors are just so vintage looking. Sorry that school is so stressful this year. It seems like summer keeps getting shorter.

Red Rose Alley said...

Andrea,
Wherever do you find such treasures? They are so special, and yes, I think they should be kept together too.

So sorry you're having a hard time already in the school year. Hang in there.

Thank you for your comment on my anniversary post. Your comments always crack me up!

Love,
~Sheri

Susie said...

Love your finds. I know teacher carry so much weight and recieve not near enough pay or credit. I think there needs to be some manners taught at home. Teacher have to teach the class materials, plus teach social skills, and regretably now have to almost know combat skills themselves. You have my sympathy and thanks. xoxo,Susie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Andrea, the colors are stunning against your dipped roses. Beautiful pieces. I think that being a teacher is one of the hardest jobs there is. You certainly don't get paid enough for all of your hard work and yes, stress. I'm sure at times it is so rewarding, but still very challenging.
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...