Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rejoice and Be Glad!

Today is the day the Lord has made...
 
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
 
 
 




Even when things aren't going my way,
 
I need to try to be more patient with the process of life.
 
"I am the real vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He breaks off every branch
 
in me that does not bear fruit, and he prunes every branch that does bear fruit,
 
so that it will be clean and bear more fruit."
 
John 15:1-2
 
 
 
 
 
And sometimes things
 
 (and others)
 
just get in the way and I need to continue to just work around it
 
and not let it eat me to no end and compromise the good days ahead.
 
So over and onward.
 
(I know it doesn't happen in one day.
 
But I will move on to the best of my ability, for my own good).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This past spring I thought my grapes were doomed for sure.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Half of all my buds had been compromised by a garden pest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
A little diligence paid off.
 
Some careful attention in gardening and fruit spray
 
has resulted in a wonderful yield by summer's end,
 
which I honestly didn't think possible.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Always make sure your last application
 
is well before your harvest
 
to assist in safe handling.
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were actually able to pull off two large rubber tubs full of fruit, from just two vines.
 
And so, in reflection of my own post,
 
I have a lesson to follow.
 
Good things will come to those who wait.
 
"I am the vine, and you are the branches.  Whoever remains in me,
 
and I in him, will bear much fruit:
 
for you can do nothing without me."
 
John 15:5
 
 
 
 
Sharing with
 
 
 
 
 



16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a great adage- Good things come to those who wait- it is just the waiting that gets hard at times, isn't it? You have a good spirit-and I know the Lord will reward you for your patience and diligence- xo Diana

Helen and her Daughters said...

Lovely Post!

Anna Hanley said...

Hello, What a great post! The grapes look wonderful. Enjoy your week ahead, Anna

Unknown said...

How exciting to have your own homegrown grapes! Your diligence and patience was rewarded!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your grape vines really did produce! The photo of you daughter is lovely. One of the hardest things in life is to wait. But good things will come to you Andrea!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Lovely post and incredible harvest of grapes. You are very smart to realize that you have to move forward. In reality you don't have much of a choice. Going back is not an option. Wishing you a good week Andrea!

Debra@CommonGround said...

such a great life lesson, Andrea. More often than not those "lessons" aren't easy, but so beneficial, and God always chooses the best way to present them to us. The grapes look wonderful, so glad you were able to persevere to the "harvest"!

Simply Simplisticated said...

Thank you for this oh so true but gentle reminder,What a lovely harvest! Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

Cottage and Broome said...

Wow your own grapes, I have garden envy! I buy my fruits and veggies at the farmers market the next best thing to growing your own. Have a great week, Laura

Sopa Azul said...

"Good things will come to those who wait": oh! I like it. ;O)

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I needed to read this post today, it seems as though life has fought me the last few weeks. Your post has helped me to realize that I need to move forward as best I can. So I will wait for good things to come, for I cannot do anything without my savior. Thanks for sharing your spiritual inspiration with Sunday’s Best!

Chenille Cottage said...

Such a wonderful post and a poignant reminder that our timing isn't always God's timing.
Blessings, my friend,
Carolynn

Red Rose Alley said...

These are lovely words, Andrea, and just what I needed today. Thank you.
~Sheri

Pam Kessler said...

Your post brought back fun memories of raiding the neighbors grape arbor with my friends when I was younger. We'd sit there and eat grapes until we almost made ourselves sick. Your daughter looks adorable playing with the grapes!

Bernideen said...

all very beautiful and they look delicious! Would love to have you come link at Open House!

Kathy said...

Beautifully done - I constantly see God's work in my life while gardening - it gives you time to meditate and to understand more fully how He works; also, learning lessons of taking time and paying attention to detail. Lovely post. I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...