Saturday, September 8, 2012

Request

I confess I haven't had much to share lately, but today's news is rather urgent.
 
I'm going to ask that anyone who takes the time to read this to please
 
say a quick prayer for my friend Kate, who is battling small cell carcinoma ovarian cancer,
 
which has only one known survivor to date.
 
 
 
 
Cancer is never easy, it's never cut and dry, it's never "get the treatment and get out"...
 
Right now, Kate has some very critical health issues that have arisen that must be addressed
 
before further treatment can resume. 
 
She has been in and out of the hospital trying to correct the situation.
 
Scans are showing she is cancer free;
 
she has had surgery, finished chemo, but must still go through radiation.
 
The radiation cannot occur until some other things are taken care of.
 
She amazes me, that at 19 years old and facing a ferocious cancer in the face,
 
she can still greet me with a very bright positive smile!  She in one tough cookie.
 
 
Kate, I'm praying that you beat it!
 
 UPDATE, SUNDAY MORNING:
I just talked to Kate's mom this morning and she is now cleared
to start her radiation!  Thank you for your prayers and please
let's pray that this will be the end of her treatment and she will be survivor #2!
 
Linking with Sunday Best


14 comments:

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hello Andrea

I am so sorry to read this post
-poor Kate what a terrible illness she has.

Thinking and praying for her and others who suffer.

Take care of yourself Andrea

Fiona

Red Rose Alley said...

Andrea,
I am saying a prayer for your friend, and may God be with this sweet brave young lady.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Cloudy said...

Möge Sonnenschein Dein Begleiter sein, drum lass´sie in Dein Herz hinein...

Lieben Gruß
CL

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I will say a prayer for this brave young gal that her health issues are resolved so she can have the radiation. I will pray that she will again be a healthy young lady!

Prims By The Water said...

I also will say a prayer for your friend. The power of prayer is powerful. Take care, Janice

Unknown said...

I will be praying for your friend!
God Bless

Debra@CommonGround said...

what a precious girl, I'll be praying for her!

joanne said...

to your friend...

i have placed your name in my prayers. i wish you a sustained recovery. you are a brave and courageous person and an inspiration to all of us....

NanaDiana said...

I am praying for your sweet friend, Andrea- God bless her heart and free her body of this insidious disease. xo Diana

Unknown said...

Saying a prayer for Katelyn.

Anna Hanley said...

Hello friends, I will keep your friend in my prayers. Bless you and yours, Anna

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Just said a prayer. With God all things are possible.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

My prayers are with you friend, Kate and you. I will keep you both in my prayers and will send positive energy out there for her.

Kimberly said...

My prayers are definitely there for your friend. Just wanted you to know that.

--Kimberly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...