Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Composite Sketch?

When we put "the guys" into Betty this Christmas season,
 
it really got me thinking how the village is just a reflection of our lives...
 
 
 
 
Get my a$$ to work even if I have a bum leg or other ailment,
 
 
 
 
(or more nicely put, take care of your pet donkey).
 
 
 
 
Remember when you show disdain for the pig
 
(look at her face),
 
 
 
 
that you still enjoy bacon.
 
 
 
 
Sometimes the kids don't know if they're coming or going either,
 
 
 
 
  so give them a break, too.
 
(Love this bossy Gretchen the milkmaid, here).
 
 
 
 
Yes, I AM starting to show my age,
 
and I'm working on dealing with it.
 
 
 
 
Avoid animals with red eyes at all costs.
 
 
 
 
Be prepared to deal with the folk who are always gonna ask questions.
 
 
 
 
And lastly, when seen curbside picking,
 
hold your head high and CARRY ON, GIRL!!
 
 
 
 
Sharing my lovely antique German composite (sawdust and glue) crew with:
 
 


4 comments:

Susie said...

Your little figurines must be rare. I have never heard of or seen any of those before. xo,Susie

Unknown said...

how cute! love the post!

Donna Wilkes said...

How envious am I of this collection!?! I know - so wrong to be envious during this season, but now really these are beauties - every one of them! I have a few cows and a donkey and a headless shepherd. Came over from the comment left on my post on torn ribbons. I am your latest follower.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Such a cute post!!! I love your figurines. :)

Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...