Sunday, February 24, 2013

Thrift Store Score!


On a recent trip to the local thrift, I spotted
a special piece of cut glassware.





Normally, I don't even scour the glassware shelves,
but this week I did.





A beautiful deeply faceted retro bowl
was marked just $3 and promptly found a new home.




It was an "I had to have it" moment because it
exactly matches a particular cookie platter and punch bowl with cups
that I already have that was my g-ma's and we use them all the time...




...and it was just $3.  We spend more on toilet paper.




Sharing my thrifty bowl with

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Toilet paper or cut glass bowl? I vote for the glass piece- You can always use an old magazine for the bathroom business if need be!;>) xo Diana

thistlewoodfarm said...

I'm with Nana Diana! Glass bowl gets my vote!

Great find! Have a great day rock star!
karianne

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Ha! I like to compare my purchases to other things as well, or what I can't get for whatever price I spend. So cute. Love seeing the pretty colors through the bowl. Finding something that matches your other items is a real score!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a pretty bowl, Andrea. I have a serving dish that looks just like this, and it's lead crystal. I wonder if this one is too? You always find the most wonderful items. I hope you're having a good week.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Julie said...

What a pretty bowl. And what a great price! The pattern reminds me of the pattern on a relish dish that my parents received as a wedding gift in the 50's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...