Monday, April 29, 2013

On the Horizon


The garden is finally coming around now,
and my heady hyacinths are so heavy the stalks are laying on the ground.



A few were snipped for the front room desk this evening,
and the aroma is very powerful now.




I am anxiously awaiting warmth...
warm breezes, warm sun, warm afternoons.





School will be out in a few weeks and our summer projects will begin.
We've been a collecting a bit of this and that...and that...








but it's been too cold so far to attempt anything.
And work has been CRA-ZEE,
with spring art show- the showcase time of year.




Other items on the horizon...

Dan is planning his vegetable garden.
All the kids picked out were pumpkin seeds, 
about a million different kind, of course.

Plans for a future, maybe not far from here.
We have been looking into finding just the right new home,
and spent a little time looking at some places.

It will find us, just as surely as we will find it.
A new nest.




The timing must be right.
And sometimes, you know, your watch is a bit off, 
and you have to double-check to make sure you're not too early
or too late.

Looking for golden oldies like this one we've been stalking...


29039 S Warner Bridge Rd, Manhattan, IL 60442


Until then,
some temporary projects will happen here
that will help us along the way,
and I'll be sharing those in the next few months.

And even though we may not always arrive on time,
we still always get where we need to go.

Tickets, please!

Sharing with
Savvy Southern Style

4 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

Looking forward to your painting projects. Good luck on the house hunt. I'm sure you will enjoy having the chickens back!

Cassie Bustamante said...

lilacs are my favorite spring flower- so beautiful and they smell AMAZING!!! and look at those amazing projects in the wings!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your hyacinths are so pretty, Andrea. I don't know if I've ever told you this, but purple is my favorite color. You and I are in the same housing situation. Right now, we are waiting to find our final home. It's been a long search, but I know there's a perfect one out there for me and you. Hang in there, dear.

Hope you enjoy the spring day.

Love,
~Sheri

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I adore the smell of Hyacinths. Mine have come to an end and I snipped the spend blossoms yesterday. I love this time of year. Each day brings a delightful new bloom. Best of luck in finding a new nest.
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...